submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall semester is fast approaching and the first day of student employment for the academic year is September 9th! If you are planning on having students working during the academic year, please be sure to review the information below regarding student positions.
Steps to follow when hiring a student worker for 2018-2019
1) Students returning into a position they held previously will only need a Student Employment Hire Form submitted through Hirezon/Interview Exchange.
2) Students working this summer, their job will end effective 9/7/2018 because they need to move to a school year position. You will need to complete the Student Employment Hire Form for these students too.
3) Any new position will need to be posted through Human Resources to the internal student jobs board. Student Requisitions can be submitted though Hirezon/Interview Exchange. Once it’s submitted, we will post the position online. Hiring managers will be able to view applications in real time through the system.
4) If you have a posting from last year still open, those jobs will be closed by August 1st.
5) When you’ve selected a student to hire, complete the Student Employment Hire Form through Hirezon/Interview Exchange. Students, who have never worked on campus before, will need to fill out new hire paperwork, including a background check. HR sends out the new hire paperwork and background check to the student once the Student Employment Hire Form is submitted. Students cannot start work prior to that paperwork completion and they are authorized to work.
Instructions for navigating Hirezon/Interview Exchange can be found at this link: http://web.augsburg.edu/hr/Student/Supervisor_Recruiting_Process.pdf.