submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Open invitation for anyone curious about digital scholarship* (DS) to gather on Wednesday, August 15 from 1- 2 PM. Location: Lindell 202
1. What is digital scholarship? How is it different from traditional scholarship?
2. What is the difference between “digital humanities” and “digital scholarship”?
3. What types of digital scholarship work is already happening on campus?
4. What ideas do you have for digital scholarship projects? Are any of them interdisciplinary? Do they have the potential to reach beyond the boundaries of the campus?
5. What tools and resources are available to the Augsburg community for creating these types of projects?
6. What DS examples might serve as useful resources for your courses?
7. What marketable skills could students gain from working on DS projects?
*Some examples of digital scholarship include:
• storytelling platforms
• a gallery of primary resources
• data visualizations
• mapping projects
• network visualizations
• computer-aided text analysis
• long-form, media-rich narratives
• getting published on Historyapolis.com