submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
After many years of quality service from Smiley’s Clinic, Augsburg is now working with the People’s Center to provide certain clinic services to students (all academic programs) who don’t have insurance for a $5 co-pay.
The People’s Center is located at 425 20th Avenue South, one block west from Augsburg, off Riverside Avenue.
➢ With a $5.00 co-pay, the following are available to Augsburg students who do not have insurance:
● Office visits for acute or chronic medical problems
● Annual physical exams – 1 per year
● Sexually transmitted diseases screening and lab work done at The People’s Center (lab diagnostics done outside of The People’s Center are not covered).
● X-rays performed at The People’s Center
● Tetanus immunization
● Lab tests performed at The People’s Center
● Tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux)
● Casts, crutches, splints, slings and ace bandages
● Allergy injections (prescription and supply must be provided by student)
● Flu shots
➢ If you have health insurance, your insurance provider may cover medical services through The People’s Center. The clinic will bill your insurance for medical services and you will be responsible for any co-pays or deductibles associated with your insurance. You should check with your insurance provider to see if services at The People’s Center will be covered.
Smiley’s Clinic remains available for students – they accept most forms of insurance.
DPs will provide an escort to The People’s Center and/or to Smiley’s Clinic.