submitted by email@example.com
Story time! Navigating Family Traditions and Beliefs
Thursday, February 22nd 6:30-8:30pm
Come on out for another evening of storytelling as we share stories of navigating the complex universe that is one’s family or community of origin! Sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it’s not so funny.
* What is one part of yourself that you’ve had to fight for or defend in your family or community of origin?
* What part of your family tradition has shaped you in a positive way? Are there traditions/values that you’re grateful for?
* How have you navigated the reactions or opinions of family, as you define your own identity?
* Have you ever felt like you were brainwashed?
* When did you realize your family wasn’t like every other family?
* Who has become family for you when you needed people to belong with?
*Dinner will be provided!*
Hosted by: Interfaith @ Cedar Commons
[Cedar Commons: 2001 Riverside Ave. S]