submitted by email@example.com
Deadline for Submission: 17 February 2020
This competition, endowed by Jean Mitchell in honor of the late John Mitchell, former English Department faculty member and poet, is for the best group of three poems composed by a current Augsburg undergraduate or graduate student. The award includes a $100 prize ($50 each, if split between an undergrad and a grad student) and a certificate from the Academy of American
Poets. A poet not affiliated with Augsburg University will judge the contest.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
• A set of three well-proofread poems must be sent from your Augsburg email address as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 February 2020.
• Writers should put Mitchell Prize in the subject line.
• The email must contain the titles of the poems, and the poet’s full name, pronouns, status (undergrad or grad), phone number, and mailing/permanent address.
• Winners will be announced by Augsburg University in early March.
• In the summer, the Academy will send a letter of congratulations and a certificate to each winner or honorable mention recipient. If two winners are chosen, the prize money will be divided between them.