submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Echo, Augsburg’s student-run newspaper, is looking for students interested in our position of Opinions Editor.
*Pro tip: you do not need to be an expert in writing or editing to do well as an Echo editor. The Echo provides ample training and a welcoming team of support. If you’re interested, go for it!*
The editor of our “Features” section is responsible for curating and editing articles that provide in-depth news stories on areas of interest to the Augsburg community. Some examples of Features content include stories that highlight specific individuals or resources on campus, interviews, column pieces from interesting people, or an interactive horoscope game. Features is also often a home for art pieces and poems. A bullet-point list of this position’s responsibilities are below:
– Curate, edit, and write articles that provide in depth news and human interest stories on areas of interest to the Augsburg community.
– Be knowledgable of various students, staff, faculty and resources at Augsburg.
– Plan photos in coordination with Photo Editor.
– Own an interest in journalism, narrative and empowering student voices.
– Be part of a welcoming and supporting team.
This position is paid $60 per newspaper issue (we release 10 issues every semester) and works 6 hours a week.
If you are interested in applying, please send over a cover letter and resume to email@example.com! Let us know if you have any questions.