submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Augsburg undergraduate students are invited to enter the John R. Mitchell Academy of American Poets Prize, sponsored by Jean Mitchell in honor of John Mitchell, former English Department faculty member and poet. The best group of THREE POEMS will be awarded a cash prize of $100 and a certificate from the Academy of American Poets. A poet not affiliated with Augsburg College will judge the contest.
Deadline for entries: March 17, 2017
– Poems must be sent as separate attachments to email@example.com
– Writers should put “Mitchell Prize” in the subject line.
– The email must contain the titles of the poems, the poet’s full name, campus address, and permanent address.
– Winners will be announced by Augsburg College in April.
– In the summer, the Academy will send a letter of congratulations and a certificate to each winner or honorable mention recipient. If two winners are chosen, the prize money will be divided between them.