I am listening, and I can hear you. Vote Cody Thompson for Class Senator

submitted by thompsoc@augsburg.edu

I stand here today willing and able to serve you on the Augsburg Day Student Government at whatever capacity is asked of me to the best of my ability. As my values and goals as a person very much so align with Augsburg’s mission as a college, I am listening and I can hear you. As stated in our college’s mission statement, “Augsburg College educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders”. It is a right of every student to be informed of what is happening within our Augsburg community and within our surrounding communities. I want to be your eyes and ears striving to keep you informed and up to date with what is going on in our communities. As we grow toward thoughtful stewardship, I want us to embrace our individual qualities that make us unique, our talents, our strengths, our flaws and weaknesses, which allow us to grow, and have confidence in our own independence as college students and growing adults. Others frequently comment that I am an avid critical thinker. I want to know more than just the solution to a problem. I want to know how we arrived at the solution from the problem. I believe transparency is highly important, and it is something that is very important to me. I will strive to be as transparent as possible with you as your class senator. I have a duty and responsibility to be a leader within our community. I want students to know that I am listening and that I can hear you. I encourage you to reach out to me if this message I have shared today has provoked some thoughts or ideas that you may or may not have felt the most comfortable in addressing. I want your voice to be heard because it needs to be heard. Your voice is invaluable. I hope today you feel empowered to do so. Thank you for the opportunity to run for class senator and to serve you!

Yours,

Cody Thompson
Future ADSG Class Senator