Dean of Arts & Sciences candidates on campus

submitted by kaivola@augsburg.edu

Dear faculty and staff colleagues,

Finalists for the Dean of Arts & Sciences position will be on campus over the next two weeks, and I invite you to take advantage of the opportunities to meet each of these candidates. Your participation in the open sessions serves two important purposes: it ensures that we receive broad feedback from the community on each candidate and (just as importantly) a good showing at the open sessions helps build our candidates’ interest in joining our community. We want to send a positive message about who we are in order to recruit the best candidate as well as discern the best candidates for us. Your participation in the process is crucial to both aims.

Our three candidates will be on campus Mon., March 4, Wed., March 6, and Wed. March 13. All public presentations will be held from 2:00-3:00 pm in OGC 100 — faculty and staff are encouraged to attend as many presentations as possible.

Curriculum vitae will be shared one business day prior to each visit–please watch for a message from me, which will provide links to the candidate’s CV and to a feedback form. Those who meet the candidates are strongly encouraged to provide feedback on perceived strengths and weaknesses, using the feedback form provided. These forms will be available until noon of the day following the interview visit.

The search committee will review the feedback you share via the online forms prior to forwarding its final recommendations to me. I will review that feedback as well.

I wish to extend my gratitude and acknowledge the excellent work of the search committee in reviewing almost 100 applications, participating in zoom interviews with those from a very deep pool who were deemed most promising, and identifying the three finalists to bring to Augsburg for campus visits

I look forward to having a new Dean of Arts & Sciences named soon!

Karen