Notice from MnDOT: Upcoming Repairs, Closures

submitted by sitarami@augsburg.edu

MnDOT is going to be doing to repair the bridges over Interstate 94 at 22nd Avenue and 25th Avenue in Minneapolis. MnDOT will start repairing the 25th Avenue bridge Oct. 23. It will require overnight closures at the bridge and the closure of 25th Avenue and Riverside Avenue to motorists and pedestrians.

Pedestrians will have to go to 20th Avenue to cross the highway or to the underpass at Franklin Terrace between 8th and 9th Streets to go under the highway. A signed detour will lead people to 20th Avenue.

MnDOT also is installing a temporary pedestrian bridge at 22nd Avenue. This will require closing I-94 during two weekends for about 18 hours to demolish the existing bridge and install the temporary bridge. You will see the details as they are now for the weekend closures below. MnDOT will update the web page as details become more precise.

The web page is here http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94and25thavebridge

Here is a brief recap of what is happening:

I-94 Minneapolis 22nd and 25th Avenue bridges

· I-94 west is closed at the 25th Avenue bridge from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily Wednesday, Oct. 23 through Friday, Nov. 8. Traffic will go up the Riverside ramp and down the 25th Avenue ramp.

· 25th and Riverside Avenues are closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily Wednesday, Oct. 23 through Friday, Nov. 8.

Upcoming

· I-94 is closed in both directions between I-35W and Highway 280 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25 to 5 a.m. Monday, Oct 28. (The freeway will remain open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 for the University of Minnesota football game.)

Detour: I-35W, Highway 36 and I-35E

· I-94 is closed in both directions between I-35W and Highway 280 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11. (The freeway will remain open during the University of Minnesota football game.)

Detour: I-35W, Highway 36 and I-35E