submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The time frame for this heat shutdown impacting several Augsburg buildings will be from 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 22. The reason: Steam will be shut down because of a rusted out condensate line that is located on Fairview’s property north of Riverside Ave.
Campus dining locations will remain open. Compostable plates and silverware may be used.
Heat that is normally turned down at night will not be lowered before the shutdown in hope that indoor temperatures will not drop sharply before the heat is back on. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Bryan Massich with Facilities at Massich@augsburg.edu.
Here are the buildings affected:
1. Mortensen and Urness Hall – No hot water for showers or heat.
2. Ice Arena – No hot water for showers.
3. Si Melby Hall – No hot water for showers or heat.
4. Christensen Center – No hot water for kitchen sinks or heat.
5. Old Main – No hot water or heat.
6. Anderson Residence Hall – No heat
7. Lindell Library – No heat
8. Memorial Hall – No heat
9. Sverdrup Hall – No heat
10. Old Science Building – No heat
11. Foss Center – No heat
12. Anderson Music Hall – No heat