Voting 101: How to Vote in Minnesota from One Auggie to Another

submitted by johnso31@augsburg.edu

My name is Megan Johnson and I am a 2019 graduate from Augsburg! I know that this coming election is one of the biggest elections of our lifetimes, so I’ve been trying to think of a way to help make sure as many people vote as possible.

This made me think about the 2016 election when I was a sophomore. Everyone was telling me how important it was to vote, but no one told me how to vote! I remember being overwhelmed with the whole process because I was living on campus but I was registered to vote at my parents’ house. And, of course, with this year being 2020, voting is even more confusing with distance voting!

So, with all of that said, I put together a step-by-step instructional PDF on How to Vote in Minnesota this year! The PDF is interactive so you can click anything in green to go to the necessary websites. Specifically, this PDF walks you through how to vote via absentee (mail-in) ballot. However, you can of course follow the first two steps and then vote in person on November 3rd, but I’d recommend using an absentee (mail-in) ballot and then either mailing it in or dropping it off in person (both are explained in the PDF). You can vote via absentee ballot anytime between now and November!

To view the directions, click the link and download the attached PDF then open it with your preferred PDF viewing app. If you have any questions about the process of voting or using the PDF, please feel free to email me at themeganellen28@gmail.com.

I hope this helps make this voting process easier for you!

How to Vote in Minnesota PDF