submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Echo, Augsburg’s student-run newspaper, is looking for students interested in our position of Opinions Editor.
*Pro tip: you do not need to be an expert in writing or editing to do well as an Echo editor. The Echo provides ample training and a welcoming team of support. If you’re interested, go for it!*
The editor of our “Opinions” section is responsible for curating, editing and writing articles centered on Augsburg student and community opinions and stories. Some examples of Opinions content topics include political comics, critiques of Augsburg administration and leadership, experiences of marginalized identities, political views and more. A bullet-point list of this position’s duties are below.
– Curate, edit and write articles centered on Augsburg student and community opinions.
– When editing, maintain writer’s intended meaning. Strive to collaborate with writers when possible.
– Commit to being open, fair and reasonable about Opinions submitted.
– Plan photos for section in coordination with Photo Editor.
– Be part of a welcoming and supporting team
This position is paid $50 per newspaper issue (we release 10 issues every semester) and works 4-5 hours a week.
If you are interested in applying, please send over a cover letter and resume to email@example.com! Let us know if you have any questions.