submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The AugSTEM program is designed to support Augsburg juniors and seniors who wish to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Funded by the National Science Foundation, AugSTEM Scholars receive scholarships of up to $10,000 per student per year. Scholars also become a part of the STEM community at Augsburg with opportunities for summer research, faculty mentoring, and career development.
– Enrolled at least half-time in a STEM major (biology, biopsychology, biochemistry, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, or physics)
– Within 5 semesters of graduating with a STEM degree as of Fall 2021 (graduating by December ‘23)
– Major GPA of 2.75 or higher (scholars will be expected to raise their GPA to 3.0 during program participation)
– U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
– Demonstrated financial need as determined by financial aid status (Pell or MN State grant eligible or equivalent)
Application deadline: Wednesday, May 19 at 11:59pm
Faculty reference deadline: Friday, May 28 (applicants should get permission from one faculty member to serve as their reference and name them in their application)
Students who began their college careers at community colleges are encouraged to apply as well as students who began at Augsburg.
Funding is provided through the National Science Foundation(NSF) S-STEM program which provides support for high-achieving STEM students with financial need. The collaborative award NSF#2030638: Partner Relationships to Increase STEM Momentum (PRISM) provides S-STEM scholarships to students at Augsburg University, Century College, Minneapolis College, and Normandale Community College.