submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Echo is still hiring for several Echo editor positions! Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
The open positions are:
-Be responsible for payment of staff and any other record keeping needs.
-Help uphold journalistic standards and guidelines.
-Assist in running staff and editor meetings as needed.
-Be a part of editing and layout processes.
-Provide instruction to writers and editors when needed.
– Lay out the paper from front to back page each week. Knowledge of InDesign is strongly recommended for this position.
– Understand journalistic guidelines for layout.
– Create any ads, posters, promotional material, and any other reasonable designed request from the staff.
-Collaborate with editing staff on design aspects of each section.
-Be knowledgeable about current events including Augsburg, state, national, and world.
-Fact check news articles extensively.
-Be knowledgeable about Augsburg Athletics schedule and events.
-Attempt to balance sports coverage as much as possible.
– Conduct or coordinate interviews for stories as much as possible, specifically with Augsburg coaches and student-athletes.
Arts & Entertainment (A&E) Editor
-Be knowledgeable about artistic happenings in the Augsburg and greater Minneapolis community.
– Understand the components of a fair and adequate review.
– Be the coordinator of online publication.
– Post all stories in timely manner.
– Communicate with editors for specifics of each section.
-Maintain all online publication operations.
-Report directly to Editor(s)-in-Chief (or editor assigned to oversee web content) any issues or noteworthy items.