submitted by email@example.com
The Minnesota Urban Debate League, a program of Augsburg University, is hiring an AmeriCorps VISTA member to build capacity for its Spanish Debate League and East African Debate programs. The role will begin in August 2021.
Our Community Debate Liaison will carry out these capacity-building activities:
– Serve as a liaison for our community-focused debate programs
– Establish and maintain relationships with Latinx-serving and East African-serving organizations, including with universities and corporate affinity groups
– Build volunteer pipelines for Spanish Debate League and East African Debate Initiative programs
– Conduct community surveys and interviews to be used for program improvement and fundraising
– Write powerful grant writing and fundraising appeals focused specifically on Spanish Debate & East African Debate opportunities
– Parent and family engagement of students within these programs
We are seeking organized individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for youth voice & education. Spanish, Somali, and/or Oromo language fluency a plus. Does this sound like you?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest. We will send you the official application form as soon as it is available.
The AmeriCorps VISTA will be part of a professional development cohort led by the Minnesota Council on Nonprofits. Learn more about the MCN Cohort & the AmeriCorps VISTA program here: http://www.mcnvista.org/faq
AmeriCorps is a great opportunity for recent grads. People who complete a year of service will receive a $6,345 AmeriCorps Segal Education Award, which can be applied to student loans or future education expenses. Federal student loans can also be put in forbearance during an AmeriCorps year. AmeriCorps members will also receive one year of Non-Competitive Eligibility for federal jobs after serving. You’ll also gain sought-after skills in the nonprofit sector.
We hope to hear from you!