submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for a Summer Teaching Fellowship with LearningWorks!
A representative will be on-campus in the lobby of the Christensen Center on Wednesday, January 19th from 10:30-12:30
LearningWorks is a chapter within Breakthrough Collaborative which comprises 25 sites across the country. Its overall mission is to launch high potential middle school students on the path to college, while also inspiring talented high school and college students to pursue careers in education.
At LearningWorks, we achieve this mission by using a “students-teaching-students” model. During our 9 weeks of summer programming, 35 talented high school and college students work as teachers, advisors, and mentors for 120 middle school students from Minneapolis Public Schools. LearningWorks teachers are creative, diverse, intelligent, and highly motivated. They represent many academic and personal backgrounds, but share a commitment to students and educational equity. LearningWorks is a Breakthrough site in the heart of downtown Minneapolis.
Every summer, it offers:
· 100+ hours of professional development
· 65 hours of lead classroom teaching
· Autonomy to develop your own curriculum and course content
· Leadership opportunities in committee-structures and program planning
· Your own classroom for 6 intensive weeks
· Coaching and mentorship from experienced and licensed teachers
· Small classes of 8-12 students
· $2,500 stipend & housing options
Application is now open, head to bit.ly/teachLW22 to apply