submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Augsburg choral faculty will be hearing placement auditions for Cedar Singers, Riverside Singers, and the Augsburg Choir during the afternoons of September 4th, 5th, and 6th. All University students are eligible – and heartily welcomed – to audition. If you were in Augsburg Choir last year, you are accepted to continue in AC this year, and there is no need to take these auditions. Likewise, Riverside Singers intending to continue in that group are also exempt. But we want to hear you if you are:
a First-Year student.
a Transfer student.
a previous member of Cedar Singers.
a previous member of Riverside Singers seeking consideration for Augsburg Choir.
a returning Augsburg student who has not previously been involved in our choirs.
Please take careful note of these audition procedures:
1. Sign up for your audition appointment in Anderson Music Hall. Between the band and choir rooms, M2 and M3, you will find a bulletin board where the sign-up sheets will be posted. Auditions will be heard as follows: 9/4, 3:00-6:00; 9/5, 3:00-6:00; 9/6, 2:00-6:00.
2. Arrive outside the choir room (M3) at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to access and complete the intake sheet and music-literacy assessment. (Never fear: we will use this assessment to inform our work with you, not to exclude you from participation.)
3. There is no need to prepare any song performance for this audition.
4. Results will be posted by Saturday at 5:00 pm on the same bulletin board where you found the sign-up sheets.
5. If you have questions, please contact the Music Office at email@example.com or (612) 330-1265.
Nota bene: If you are a first year or new transfer student music major, you will be required to choose a Thursday audition appointment.
We look forward to hearing you!
Kristina G. Boerger, DMA
Schwartz Professor of Choral Leadership
Director of Augsburg Choir
Allyss Haecker, DMA
Director, Riverside Singers
Ryan LaBoy, MM
Director, Cedar Singers