submitted by email@example.com
Explore meanings and expressions of music, health, illness, and healing transculturally in the context of South Africa. The focus of this course is on developing an understanding of individuals, families, groups and communities with diverse cultural backgrounds and the use of music in community and for healing within their culture.
MUSIC THERAPY IN SOUTH AFRICA
Travel July 10-20, 2022
Led by Professor Dr. Annie Heiderscheit
• MUS 374 or 474: Music Therapy Practicum (1 credit),
• MUS 511: Advanced Music Therapy Clinical Practicum (0 credit), or
• MUS 582: Transcultural Music Therapy (4 credits), or
• MUS 511 and MUS 582 (total 4 credits)
• also fulfills Augsburg Experience requirement!
This program is designed for Music Therapy majors, but students in music, psychology, or other related fields are also welcome.
***APPLY BY MARCH 1***
The program has a capacity of 22 students and is filled on a rolling basis.
Have questions? Contact the Study Abroad & Away Office: firstname.lastname@example.org