submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
In preparation for Spring semester your eLearning team is here to help you connect with your students prior the first day of class. The following are some suggestions for connecting with students:
1) Send them a welcome letter using the Announcements forum. Note that your class needs to be visible for the students to receive a message to their email.
2) Include a welcome message in a Moodle label at the top of your course (and change it weekly to maintain your virtual presence). Learn more about labels here: http://go.augsburg.edu/moodlelabel
3) Hold a pre-semester Info session (early office hours)
4) Direct your students to complete the Moodle Introduction course here: http://go.augsburg.edu/moodleintro
5) Use the suggestions in the following link to create an engaging icebreaker:
Heads up – Upcoming Workshops!
+January 18th from 10-12pm: your IT team will be offering a Zoom workshop on how to make your gradebooks reflect your syllabus, extra credit, categories, values, and weights. Please save the date and stay tuned for more!
+January 23rd from 2-3pm: we will be hosting a discussion about ChatGPT, on Zoom.
See the CTL Calendar for more information. https://sites.augsburg.edu/ctl/