Public Safety and Facilities Announcements
Teaching and Learning
Keeping Track of Auggies
submitted by email@example.com
Taking pre-emptive and intentional steps to create a classroom environment that promotes wellness and connection has benefits for students and for faculty. Creating classrooms that promote well-being and connection can decrease work required for faculty, increase student success, and make the classroom a more enjoyable and comfortable environment for all. This session focuses on developing strategies for creating a well and connected classroom.
This session will be recorded and available on the CTL website home page by Jan 18, 2022.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
In preparation for Spring semester your eLearning team is here to help you connect with your students prior the first day of class. The following are some suggestions for connecting with students:
1) Send them a welcome letter using the Announcements forum. Note that your class needs to be visible for the students to receive a message to their email.
2) Include a welcome message in a Moodle label at the top of your course (and change it weekly to maintain your virtual presence). Learn more about labels here: http://go.augsburg.edu/moodlelabel
3) Hold a pre-semester Info session (early office hours)
4) Direct your students to complete the Moodle Introduction course here: http://go.augsburg.edu/moodleintro
5) Use the suggestions in the following link to create an engaging icebreaker:
Heads up – Upcoming Workshops!
+January 18th from 10-12pm: your IT team will be offering a Zoom workshop on how to make your gradebooks reflect your syllabus, extra credit, categories, values, and weights. Please save the date and stay tuned for more!
+January 23rd from 2-3pm: we will be hosting a discussion about ChatGPT, on Zoom.
See the CTL Calendar for more information. https://sites.augsburg.edu/ctl/
The following Augsburg staff positions were posted within the past 7 days:
01/04/2023: Area Coordinator, Residence Life
01/04/2023: Augsburg Youth Theology Institute (AYTI) Coordinator – Temporary
01/04/2023: Accounts Payable Specialist
01/03/2023: Communication and Social Media Specialist
submitted by email@example.com
The Augsburg Youth Theology Institute (AYTI) is hiring a part-time temporary coordinator to complete administrative event planning and coordination, registration and communications, and marketing and promotion in partnership with the program director, to ensure a successful AYTI Institute. The ideal candidate will be a person who:
– Has experience coordinating youth ministry events
– Can be efficient and decisive to successfully complete administrative responsibilities.
– Has the ability to be attentive to details, accurate, and precise.
– This is a temporary position, intended to conclude on July 31st, 2023.
– Approximately 5 hours per week
– Attendance at the Institute is Sunday, June 25th – Friday, June 30th, 2023. Applicants must be available to attend the institute. During the Institute, there will be full in-person work days with some overnight responsibilities.
– Coordinating housing, event space, catering, and transportation needs for the week of AYTI, working with the Events Department on campus.
– Set up, and manage the registration process of AYTI participants.
– Oversee program evaluation and assessment from participants and mentors.
– Attend the Institute providing coordination with staff to implement a successful event.
– Keep accurate financial records of event expenses of the AYTI program to ensure compliance with the grant.
– Support communications for AYTI social media, website, printed materials, etc.
– Assist in managing contact databases and systems for consistent and effective communication.
– Other administrative and communication tasks as determined by the supervisor.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Area Coordinator supports the Assistant Director of Residence Life with departmental planning, student leader selection and training, and student leadership and development. The Area Coordinator will provide essential leadership in crisis management, student welfare concerns, and administrative responsibilities relative to the operation of a comprehensive residential program.
– Support the academic mission of the University within the residence halls through leading efforts around student learning/development, community development, and civic engagement programming.
– Provide leadership of a residential area, including supervision and evaluation of student leaders, including Resident Assistants and Leads.
– Advise and mentor individual students, provide support to students of concern, and conduct mediations between residents.
– Coordinate the development of programs and activities within the residential area; work with student leaders to develop a program vision, implement quality concerns, and track programmatic efforts including managing a programming budget.
– Direct overall housing operations in residential and office facilities within the area.
– Oversee secondary assignments within the office as determined by the needs of the department.
– Assist the department with tasks such as housing selection, student leader selection, and student leader training.
– Participate as part of the on-call duty rotation, including weekends and holidays, and respond to crisis and emergency situations.
– Work collaboratively with campus partners, including but not limited to facilities, public safety, and other student support areas.
– Serve as a hearing officer for student conduct cases, including communicating and enforcing student responsibilities.
– Perform other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor(s).
Additional Examples of Work Performed:
– Participate in short- and long-range planning for the department.
– Serve on University committees and work groups.
– Familiarity with university and community resources for referral and outreach opportunities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
– This position requires the incumbent to live on campus in University provided housing.
– Typical work environment is an office, working at a desk for long periods of time.
– Regular phone and computer use.
submitted by email@example.com
Do you know someone who has recently completed a significant project, implemented an innovative idea, or worked creatively across divisions or departments? If so, nominate them for an Auggie Pride Award today!
We are taking nominations for the month of January!
The Auggie Pride Awards are part of a peer recognition program that honors individual staff members who have made a significant contribution to department, division, or University-wide goals. All nominations are submitted through an online form and considered by Staff Senate. Nominations are kept on a rolling basis throughout the Academic Year, and awards are distributed to two staff every month.
Those honored will receive a letter from Staff Senate (including some text from the nomination letters) and a $25 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit any benefits and payroll change forms by 12:00pm today 01/06 to be processed for the Friday, 01/13 pay date. This includes stipends, and all change forms for benefits, FSA, HSA, retirement, direct deposit and tax withholding forms.
Supervisors: Please approve timesheets by Friday.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
Thank you so much!
Your HR and Payroll Team
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to announce that Campus Cupboard will be open every Monday-Saturday in Anderson 26. If the posted hours don’t work for you, submit a request for a Cupboard appointment at another time!
Spring Semester Cupboard Shopping Hours:
submitted by email@example.com
Looking for a meaningful way to use your community service hours?
Campus Kitchen has shifts available every Thursday from 1:45-4:45pm.
The Details: Meet outside the Campus Cupboard (Anderson 26). You will ride in the Campus Kitchen van (or in your personal vehicle) to the Sanneh Foundation Warehouse in St. Paul, where you will work in a team to prepare produce boxes/bags that will be distributed to neighbors in Cedar-Riverside the next day. Be sure to wear closed-toed shoes.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
My wife bought a new iPhone so we are selling her previous iPhone SE, details below:
-iPhone SE 2nd Generation (2020)
-Excellent condition, no cracks/scrapes
-Wiped and ready for a SIM card/activation
-Removed from our account and Find My
-Ready for use