submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Campus Locksmith will manage the campus key systems, door repairs/replacement, and door hardware in all campus buildings on the Minneapolis campus and off-campus University property located within Minneapolis. The campus locksmith will work with area vendors to maintain secure facilities and ensure all door hardware is functioning properly.
– Manage and maintain the Academic and Residential key systems
– Manage and maintain emergency master system
– Installation/repair of architectural hardware
– Prioritize and complete assigned work orders in a timely manner
– Project management: door ordering and management, automatic door device ordering/installation, proximity card reader installation
– This position is on-call 24/7/365 for emergency situations determined by the Department of Public Safety management team
Additional Examples of Work Performed
– Preventative maintenance – routinely auditing doors and locks in campus buildings and conducting regular preventative maintenance
– Adjustment/repair of door closers, locking rods and panic hardware
– Record management (key control records, key distribution and return, master code book, master building book), cutting keys on-site, pinning cores on site and installation/maintenance of door hardware (locking devices, door closers, automatic and manual flush bolts, etc.)
– Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
– Typical work environment is in the field spending extensive periods on your feet with some time in an office with phone and desktop computing use
– Use of repetitive arm, hand, finger motions
– Lifting items up to 50 lbs.
– Occasional strenuous physical conditions or potentially extreme temperature conditions, such as working on exterior doors during extreme temperatures
– Occasional irregular or extended hours that may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.