submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Spend 8-10 weeks next summer learning one of thirteen languages at an intensive study abroad! The Critical Language Scholarship Program seeks participants from a variety of fields, backgrounds, and career paths essential to America’s engagement with the world. Most programs do not require experience studying the selected language and are designed to promote rapid language gains and intercultural fluency.
The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program is
– A fully-funded 8-10 week language and cultural immersion program
– Students receive academic credit issued through Bryn Mawr College
– Part of a US State Department initiative to expand the number of Americans studying and mastering foreign languages critical to national security and economic prosperity
– There are 13 languages that applicants can select from. Alumni of the program also receive up to three years of non-competitive eligibility (NCE) status when applying for federal government jobs
Competitive applicants will need
– To illustrate a commitment to language learning,
– A strong academic record and potential to succeed in a rigorous academic setting
– Ability to adapt to an intensive program and challenging cultural environment.
– Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
CLS application deadline is November 14th, 2023 at 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST.
The URGO office provides advising and application support for CLS.
Please contact email@example.com (reference CLS) to set up an appointment before October 20th.