submitted by email@example.com
Critical Language Scholarship Spark participants will spend approximately 8 weeks during the summer learning either Arabic, Russian, or Chinese through online classes and activities facilitated by native speakers. Must be a beginning level learner with no classroom experience. This is a virtual initiative for undergraduate students to learn essential languages for America’s engagement with the world.
– 10 hours of intense live group instruction a week
– Cultural activities and individual consultations
– Monthly professional development workshops and inclusive support
Participants of CLS Spark will receive:
– Language instruction and cultural programming
– Textbooks and language learning materials
– Language gains certified using the widely-recognized ACTFL OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) assessment
– Non-competitive eligibility for U.S. government employment for up to three -years after the program completion;
– Academic credit issued through Bryn Mawr College; and
– A stipend towards equipment and connectivity costs (for example, a web camera or microphone)
The CLS Spark applications are due November 14th, 2023 at 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST
URGO office provides advising and application support for CLS Spark.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (reference CLS Spark) to set up an appointment before October 20th 2023.