submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION: Administer and direct all aspects of the college’s implementation of the TRIO/ Student Support Services grant, including staff management, student programming, direct student services, documentation and evaluation of services, and budget management. Ensure that the college, as grantee of U.S. Department of Education, complies with federal legislation, regulations, and grant policies in carrying out the grant objectives
– Administer federal TRIO/SSS grant including: implement federally approved objectives and design and implement programming to meet these objectives.
– Manage all components of the TRIO/SSS co-curricular department, including: day-to-day operations, workflow, individual and group student programming, special projects and events, evaluative reports, and community building aspects of the program.
– Provide academic, personal, and career counseling and advising to small caseload of student participants as part of TRIO/SSS programming.
– Select, supervise, train, and evaluate program staff in accordance with Augsburg College and U.S. Department of Education regulations and policies.
– Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with on- and off-campus entities (e.g., Academic Advising, CLASS, ethnic student services, MMEP) in order to meet grant objectives of Retention, Graduation, and Campus Climate for first generation, low-income, disabled and traditionally underserved students.
– Design, coordinate 4-week Summer Bridge academic camp for incoming freshmen TRIO/SSS participants, to acclimate and prepare at-risk students to the academic and social rigors of college.
– Represent the interests of TRIO/SSS participants through active participation in campus committees & events, and conferences to improve the educational experience of first generation, low income, disabled and traditionally underserved students.
– Develop and monitor annual department budget in excess of $250,000 to account for expenditures of federal grant monies, in accordance with Augsburg College and U.S. Department of Education regulations and policies.
– Administer supplemental SSS grant, providing scholarships to address “unmet need” for financial aid recipients in TRIO/SSS, working in collaboration with the Augsburg Financial Aid director.
– Complete administrative and paperwork requirements of federal grant and as department of college, participate in professional development opportunities, campus conversations, and professional associations, etc.
– All other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor(s).
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
– Typical work environment is an office environment
– Regular computer and phone use.
– Sedentary work for long periods of time.
– Infrequent lifting and carrying books, files, other documents up to 5 pounds.
– Infrequent driving within the metro area for cultural activities and special projects.
– Travel outside the metro for professional development, student leadership activities.
– Long or irregular hours: schedule includes some evening and weekend hours to accommodate WEC students, to present workshops and to participate in cultural activities, and professional development activities.
– Intense work environment: student issues can reach crisis; Director must monitor staff, student, and personal well-being; multi-tasking required.