submitted by email@example.com
The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) program now offers CLS Spark. This is a virtual initiative for undergraduate students to lean essential languages for America’s engagement with the world.
As a virtual program, CLS Spark allows students to have an immersive language and cultural experience with international communities. Spark participants will spend approximately 8 weeks during the summer learning either Arabic, Russian, or Chinese through online classes and activities facilitated by native speakers. You do not need to have any prior knowledge of these languages.
– 10 hours of intense live group instruction a week
– Cultural activities and individual consultations
– Monthly professional development workshops and inclusive support
Participants of CLS Spark will receive:
– Language instruction and cultural programming;
– Textbooks and language learning materials
– Language gains certified using the widely-recognized ACTFL OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) assessment
– Non-competitive eligibility for U.S. government employment for up to three -years after the program completion;
– Academic credit issued through Bryn Mawr College; and
– A stipend towards equipment and connectivity costs (for example, a web camera or microphone).
Applications are due November 15, 2022 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The URGO office provides advising and application support for CLS. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (reference CLS) to set up an appointment before October 21th