submitted by email@example.com
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) has received funding from Amateur Radio Digital Communications to develop and offer a set of entirely virtual courses designed to teach early career learners about the electromagnetic spectrum and amateur (ham) radio. The program aims to reach learners who bring diverse experiences and perspectives to STEM – and to the amateur radio community especially.
The 20-week inaugural course will take place from Jan 9-May 26, 2023, with ~10 BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ (18-20 year old) students from across the country.
Participants will receive a $2,000 stipend over the project period. Expected engagement is about 3-6 hours/week.
Applications are due on October 31, 2022.
Link to application: https://superknova.org/ham-application-details/
In addition to providing a welcoming and safe environment for the focus communities (18-20 year old BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA+ learners), here is a very brief overview of the program:
* Session runs from January 9-May 26, 2023
* $2,000 stipend provided
* entirely virtual, with learning through Superknova.org
* participation in weekly 90-120 minute zoom sessions
* reliable internet access required (campus internet would be fine)
* computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone required
* lab supplies and equipment are provided
* includes preparation to take and pass the technical amateur radio exam for licensure
Contact Jessica Ennis (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions!