submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program is
– A fully-funded eight to ten week language and cultural immersion program
– Students receive eight credits of intensive language instruction
– Part of a US State Department initiative to expand the number of Americans studying and mastering foreign languages critical to national security and economic prosperity
– There are 14 languages that applicants can select from. Alumni of the program also receive one year of non-competitive eligibility (NCE) status when applying for federal government jobs
Competitive applicants will need
– To illustrate a commitment to language learning,
– A strong academic record and potential to succeed in a rigorous academic setting
– Ability to adapt to an intensive program and challenging cultural environment.
– Most programs do not require experience studying the selected language. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Applications are due Tuesday, November 15, 2022 by 8:00 PM EST / 5 PM PST.
The URGO office provides advising and application support for CLS. Please contact email@example.com (reference CLS) to set up an appointment before October 21th