Interfaith at Augsburg Welcomes Jane Ulring

submitted by dames@augsburg.edu

Interfaith@Augsburg welcomes Jane Ulring as our new Managing Director. Our executive director, Najeeba Syeed shares, “Jane was the ideal choice with her deep commitment and experience in our campus, community and national contexts. She is a wonderful addition to our staff and will expand our capacity to offer new and innovative interfaith programming.”
Jane Ulring is a graduate of Augsburg University where she earned her BA in Philosophy, and Union Theological Seminary (UTS) where she completed her Master of Divinity in Social Ethics.
Jane’s personal passions lie at the intersection of interfaith activism, care for creation, and mutual healing from colonial violence. Since 2021, Jane has been the Program Manager for Interfaith America. She is excited to return to Augsburg in service of the university community, and welcomes the opportunity to strengthen Augsburg’s commitment to building a thriving religiously diverse commons.
Jane’s portfolio will include campus based, Twin Cities and regional programming. She will be developing partnerships with congregational and community entities. She is also committed to a diverse interfaith table that includes a wide range of traditions, communities and forms of practice and belief. Jane says, “I am excited to join Interfaith@Augsburg as Managing Director. Accepting this position is a blessed home-coming of sorts for me. The values of service and justice instilled in me during my college years at Augsburg are what first sparked my passion for interfaith work. This opportunity to, once again, assume the identity of ‘Auggie’ and build interfaith programming in service of our campus, Minneapolis’ community, and beyond is a great honor. I look forward to collaborating with talented and imaginative students, faculty, administrators, and staff to bring Interfaith @ Augsburg to life.” Please stop by 106 Hagfors to welcome Jane to campus.

More Information