submitted by email@example.com
Summary of Position: The Program Associate for Career Services and Off-Campus Study manages administrative operations for internships and events through the Strommen Center for Meaningful Work and for off-campus study programs through the Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE). The Program Associate will work directly with students to prepare them for their learning experiences. The Strommen Center and CGEE are two of Augsburg’s four Centers of Commitment, dedicated to living out the university’s educational mission.
Strommen Center 0.5 FTE
– Coordinate and manage logistics for on-campus recruiting events i.e. employer info sessions and career fairs. Organize the annual recruiting calendar, including deadlines and processes.
– Oversee Augsburg’s internship program, tracking and data. Advise students completing zero-credit internships from registration through transcription.
– Support students seeking credit-bearing internships and the faculty who supervise them.
– Maintain employer database and recruiting system (currently Handshake.)
– Develop communication materials for employers including website content.
– Monitor the Strommen Center departmental email accounts and ensure that inquiries are responded to in a timely.
CGEE 0.5 FTE
– Review students’ post-acceptance documents, verifying that they are submitted and are valid in CGEE’s application system (Terra Dotta).
– Coordinate and manage CGEE course offerings, record generation for non-Augsburg students, student registration, grade reports, and other course-related and records-related administrative activities.
– Create student accounts for international and domestic exchange students who come to Augsburg.
– Liaise with Health and Safety Coordinator, Disability Services, and other student services departments at Augsburg and at non-Augsburg students’ home institutions.
– Monitor host-country visa regulations for US and non-US citizens; coordinate visa processing.
– Design, deliver, and coordinate pre-departure materials and orientation sessions for CGEE programs in conjunction with program staff.
– Represent the Strommen Center or CGEE at campus events like SOAR and other student information sessions.
– Other relevant duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
– Typical work environment is in an office.
– Regular computer and phone use.
– Sedentary work for long periods of time.
– Lifting and carrying materials up to ten pounds for events or presentations.