submitted by email@example.com
Hi….!! CWC is hosting a Walking Group every Wednesday from 4:30pm-6pm. We are going around the city/neighborhood. Please join us when you have time. We will meet in the CWC Lobby.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Position
The Event Planner is responsible for the management and direction of event production for events and conferences both on-and off-campus, creating a positive image of Augsburg University for the campus community and guests. Provides leadership and guidance to various committees for small to large-scale campus events. Collaborates with internal and external partners, building strong working relationships.
– Create positive memorable experiences for campus community and campus guests.
– Provide leadership and support by raising the quality of events and the image of the University.
– Lead and manage assigned events and ensure that Augsburg University events are tied to mission and have a consistent feel that reinforces the University’s brand.
– Provide quality customer service and form positive working relationships.
– Provide supervision, leadership and training to internal planner(s) and staff, student staff and intern(s).
– Collaborate in the management of University Event resources.
Event Planning & Management
– Independently plan and manage assigned small to large events/portions of events; partner with departments to determine event goals and objectives and final event logistics.
– Conduct off-campus venue site visits, make recommendations for off-campus event venues.
– Provide onsite leadership to live events by making real-time, unsupervised decisions, directing staff and volunteers, evaluating risks and course-correcting when necessary to ensure event remains successful, on-budget and mission-centered.
– Make decisions related to event logistics in partnership with on- and off-campus partners including catering, public safety, facilities/custodial, IT, rental vendors, musicians and staff.
– Review, negotiate and manage vendor contracts related to Augsburg events.
– Collaborate with Marketing and Communication to maintain master web calendar content of campus events and activities and create brand appropriate event collateral where appropriate.
– All other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor(s).
Summer Conference Planning & Management
– Assist with the coordination of the annual summer conference calendar and client relationships including contracting, payment, and end of summer reports.
– Coordinate with on-campus partners such as Public Safety, campus food service, facilities and residence life as needed.
View Job Posting
submitted by email@example.com
Interesting Being a STEM Mentor or Mentee?
If so, STEM Peer Mentorship wants you!
STEM Peer Mentorship is a student-led mentoring program that focuses on providing support to First-years and Sophomores as they navigate their academic and professional careers in STEM.
Mentors in STEM Peer Mentorship can play a pivotal role in establishing the success of beginning STEM students. If you’re a rising Junior or Senior in a STEM major, enjoy being a leader and/or have lots of advice & resources to share — this is for you!! (Transfer students are also welcome!)
Having a Mentor in STEM Peer Mentoring can be a major benefit in establishing the success of your STEM career. If you’re a first-year or sophomore in a STEM major interested in having a mentor and want to learn more about internships, scholarships, certain classes, etc… This is for you !
Augsburg’s STEM majors include:
Students are matched according to their major and information they provide on the STEM Peer Mentoring Application (see link below!).
Generally, students are asked to commit about 3-4 hours/month of involvement as they meet one-on-one with their mentee and attend occasional group meetings.
Please apply! Complete the application below to express your interest to participate starting Fall 2023. We will be reaching out to everyone interested with more information. Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stem Peer Mentorship Application 2023-2024
submitted by email@example.com
Are you someone who:
LOVES singing Christmas music in a choir but doesn’t have time to sign up for a whole season on involvement?
Wants to join the company of musicians at Augsburg’s annual Advent Vespers services in Central Lutheran Church?
If so, then Vespers Choir is for you!
· 3 consecutive Tuesday-evening rehearsals on campus, starting October 31.
· 2 evening dress rehearsals at Central Lutheran Church: November 28 and 30.
· 3 services: December 1 @ 7:00 p.m.; December 2 @ 2:00 and 5:00 p.m.
Open to anyone in the Augsburg community (plus your friends and family).
For details, contact Dr. Kristina Boerger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
submitted by email@example.com
Center for Counseling and Wellness, will offer a short reflection followed by mindfulness practice led by Tara Mader, Assistant Professor, Department of Health, Physical Education and Exercise Science, Center for Teaching and Learning Fellow.
Please come join us on Monday, October 2nd from 10:40am-11:40am in Student Lounge, Christensen Center
OPEN TO ALL (Staff, Faculty, Students)