submitted by email@example.com
Summary of Position
The Event Planner is responsible for the management and direction of event production for events and conferences both on-and off-campus, creating a positive image of Augsburg University for the campus community and guests. Provides leadership and guidance to various committees for small to large-scale campus events. Collaborates with internal and external partners, building strong working relationships.
– Create positive memorable experiences for campus community and campus guests.
– Provide leadership and support by raising the quality of events and the image of the University.
– Lead and manage assigned events and ensure that Augsburg University events are tied to mission and have a consistent feel that reinforces the University’s brand.
– Provide quality customer service and form positive working relationships.
– Provide supervision, leadership and training to internal planner(s) and staff, student staff and intern(s).
– Collaborate in the management of University Event resources.
Event Planning & Management
– Independently plan and manage assigned small to large events/portions of events; partner with departments to determine event goals and objectives and final event logistics.
– Conduct off-campus venue site visits, make recommendations for off-campus event venues.
– Provide onsite leadership to live events by making real-time, unsupervised decisions, directing staff and volunteers, evaluating risks and course-correcting when necessary to ensure event remains successful, on-budget and mission-centered.
– Make decisions related to event logistics in partnership with on- and off-campus partners including catering, public safety, facilities/custodial, IT, rental vendors, musicians and staff.
– Review, negotiate and manage vendor contracts related to Augsburg events.
– Collaborate with Marketing and Communication to maintain master web calendar content of campus events and activities and create brand appropriate event collateral where appropriate.
– All other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor(s).
Summer Conference Planning & Management
– Assist with the coordination of the annual summer conference calendar and client relationships including contracting, payment, and end of summer reports.
– Coordinate with on-campus partners such as Public Safety, campus food service, facilities and residence life as needed.