submitted by email@example.com
We are seeking an individual to join our Business Office team to complete daily and weekly cash accounting processes to ensure accurate and detailed records of all cash transactions are maintained. This position will also be responsible for completing assigned monthly close processes, preparing journal entries and reconciliations, assisting with internal management financial reports and budgeting processes, preparing and completing tax filings, and providing backup support for other areas in the accounting office.
– Reconcile main bank and sub accounts weekly.
– Prepare and post journal entries to record all main bank and sub account activity weekly.
– Access bank information online and record cash activity daily in cash spreadsheets.
– Follow cash reconciliation procedures and update documentation as necessary.
– Provide reconciliation report weekly to the Accounting Manager for review and follow-up on open items as well as daily follow-up on rejected transactions, fraud notifications, and check voids.
– Review available balances in cash accounts and recommend transfers between accounts as needed
– Update cash flow summary report with daily cash receipts and expenditures by type and assist in the analysis of unusual or unexpected transactions.
– Support any audit testing of cash accounts or transactions as needed.
– Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
– Monthly fixed asset reviews, asset maintenance in the fixed asset module and reconciliations.
– Perform monthly investment and accrued interest reconciliations. Maintain electronic statements and assist with monthly endowment reporting.
– Prepare monthly prepaid reconciliations.
– Reconcile third party scholarships monthly and work with student financial services to clear balances.
– Monthly reconciliation of bond, note, and interest payable accounts as well as bond amortization and trustee deposit reconciliations. Update the capital and operating leases schedules as needed.
– Upload monthly central service journal entries to ERP system as well as accounting tickets.
– Various asset and liability monthly account reconciliations as assigned.
– Perform year-end inventory counts and reconciliations.
– Prepare various budget variance analysis in support of management and financial reporting.
– Assist in the annual capital budgeting process and completion of monthly summary reporting.
Tax preparation and filing:
– Prepare and file monthly sales tax as well as annual sales tax reports.
– Process and report unclaimed property.
Provide back up support:
– Provide backup support for accounts payable or other duties as necessary.
– Other reconciliation, duties, and special projects as assigned such as work with archiving and record retention.