submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking an individual to join our Business Office team to complete daily and weekly cash accounting processes to ensure accurate and detailed records of all cash transactions are maintained. This position will also be responsible for completing assigned monthly close processes, preparing journal entries and reconciliations, assisting with internal management financial reports and budgeting processes, preparing and completing tax filings, and providing backup support for other areas in the accounting office.
– Reconcile main bank and sub accounts weekly.
– Prepare and post journal entries to record all main bank and sub account activity weekly.
– Access bank information online and record cash activity daily in cash spreadsheets.
– Follow cash reconciliation procedures and update documentation as necessary.
– Provide reconciliation report weekly to the Accounting Manager for review and follow-up on open items as well as daily follow-up on rejected transactions, fraud notifications, and check voids.
– Review available balances in cash accounts and recommend transfers between accounts as needed
– Update cash flow summary report with daily cash receipts and expenditures by type and assist in the analysis of unusual or unexpected transactions.
– Support any audit testing of cash accounts or transactions as needed.
– Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
– Monthly fixed asset reviews, asset maintenance in the fixed asset module and reconciliations.
– Perform monthly investment and accrued interest reconciliations. Maintain electronic statements and assist with monthly endowment reporting.
– Prepare monthly prepaid reconciliations.
– Reconcile third party scholarships monthly and work with student financial services to clear balances.
– Monthly reconciliation of bond, note, and interest payable accounts as well as bond amortization and trustee deposit reconciliations. Update the capital and operating leases schedules as needed.
– Upload monthly central service journal entries to ERP system as well as accounting tickets.
– Various asset and liability monthly account reconciliations as assigned.
– Perform year-end inventory counts and reconciliations.
– Prepare various budget variance analysis in support of management and financial reporting.
– Assist in the annual capital budgeting process and completion of monthly summary reporting.
Tax preparation and filing:
– Prepare and file monthly sales tax as well as annual sales tax reports.
– Process and report unclaimed property.
Provide back up support:
– Provide backup support for accounts payable or other duties as necessary.
– Other reconciliation, duties, and special projects as assigned such as work with archiving and record retention.
View Job Posting
submitted by email@example.com
Join us for a screening and discussion of the film “Best Summer Ever”! The film tells the story (and sometimes sings the story!) of Sage and Anthony, the complexities that ensue after their summer camp romance, and the dynamics among their families and friend-groups.
As told by the producers, “’Best Summer Ever’ is an original inclusive musical featuring eight original songs and a fully integrated cast and crew of people with and without disabilities.”
Date and time: Friday, December 8, 4:00-6:00 pm
Location: Science Hall 123
Hosted by Film Club and CLASS/Disability Resources. The Augsburg Community is invited (students, faculty, staff). Snacks will be provided. For questions or accommodation needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and Staff who have earned their Diversity & Inclusion Certificate may use this event to contribute to Good/Advanced Standing.
Hope to see you there!
submitted by email@example.com
My name is Dean Harris, and I am a doctoral student in the Clinical Psychology Department at Augsburg University. I am conducting this study as partial fulfillment of my doctoral degree, with Dr. Patricia Hopkins-Smith as my advisor.
You are being invited to participate in a research study on investigating influences of intrapersonal factors on the relationship between casual sex and mental health. Our study focuses on experiences of casual sex in individuals who identify as single or recently single (i.e., have not been in a relationship longer than one month). As such, if you indicated you were in a relationship for longer than one month, you do not meet our study eligibility criteria. We respect and appreciate individuals in various types of relationships, including open or ethically non-monogamous ones, but our current study’s scope is limited to investigating casual sex in those who identify as single (or recently single). If you agree to this study, I will ask you to complete a survey via Qualtrics. This survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. After completing all the survey questions, you will be invited, if you wish, to provide contact information to enter in the raffle to win one of three $50 gift card prizes, and/or emailed the results at the end of the study’s conclusion.
If you have any questions now or later, you may contact me, Dean Harris at 612-239-2534 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact my advisor, Dr. Patricia Hopkins-Smith at 612-330-1567 or email@example.com. If you contact me or my advisor, understand that your anonymity cannot be guaranteed; however, if you decide to participate, your data will not be connected to your name. If you have questions about your rights as a research subject or want to discuss problems/complaints about the research study, send an email to IRB@augsburg.edu.
Doctoral Student in Clinical Psychology Department at Augsburg University
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Auggies! I am a graduate student seeking participants for a research study. I am exploring how one’s ability to recognize and regulate their own and others’ emotions may relate to feelings of depression and social disconnect. Participation in this study will involve completing a series of behavioral health inventories and a demographic screener that will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. These inventories will ask if you have experienced symptoms of depression or loneliness and ask how intensely you experience your everyday emotions. Following completion of these inventories, participants will complete a test online that will walk participants through a variety of different tasks, such as recognition of facial expressions and implied social meanings. This test will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. All participation in this study is done online from the comfort of your own home. Students are invited to participate in this study if you: (1) are between the ages of 18 and 31; (2) have not been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, schizophrenia, or a personality disorder; (3) have not experienced an interpersonally traumatic life event (i.e., assault by another human being); and (4) are not currently experiencing a major health concern (i.e., life threatening illness/injury or significant transplant/removal surgery).
For your time, participants will be entered into a random lottery drawing for one of three $100 Amazon gift cards!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding participation in this study, please contact me at email@example.com. If you would like to participate in this study, please click the link below. You will be taken to a secure, online survey where you will be presented with a consent form followed by the demographic screener and brief inventories. Upon completion of these, you will be shown the link to the final assessment.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Planting is back!
CWC Wellness Wednesday: Planting!
Don’t forget to join us and get yourself a mini plant that you can grow and share the love.
Date: Wednesday, November 29th
Time: 10:30am – 11:30am
Location: CWC Lobby
submitted by email@example.com
Calling Augsburg students and staff to help support this year’s Advent Vespers by giving of your time, talents, and your bright, smiling faces in service of our annual celebration of the season! We will be in person again at Central Lutheran Church and need many volunteers to assist by handing out programs, helping at the will call desk, collecting seating envelopes, and greeting guests as they arrive for each service.
Services are Friday, December 1 @ 7:00 p.m.; Saturday, December 2 @ 2:00 p.m.; and Saturday, December 2 @ 5:00 p.m. Shifts begin one hour prior, and conclude 15-minutes after each service begins. Stick around to attend the service after you’re done.
We’re counting down the days so please sign up soon!
Visit augsburg.edu/music/vespers/ for more details, and please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and we hope to see you there!
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER