submitted by email@example.com
The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation provides merit-based scholarships to college students in their junior year who plan to pursue careers in public service. Truman Scholars receive up to $30,000 for graduate or professional school, participate in leadership development activities, and have special opportunities for internships and employment with the federal government.
• Full-time junior-level student
• US citizen
• Extensive record of community and public service
• Planning a career in public service
• Outstanding leadership potential
• Strong academic record
• Nominated by Augsburg University to apply
• Must meet with Truman Campus Representative, Dixie Shafer (firstname.lastname@example.org), by Tuesday, November 21st
Public service is defined as employment in government at any level, uniformed services, public-interest organizations, non-governmental research and/or educational organizations, public and private schools, and public service-oriented nonprofit organizations such as those whose primary purposes are to help needy or disadvantaged persons or to protect the environment.