submitted by email@example.com
Metro Transit is offering a marvelous discount on the College Pass for all new Augsburg day program first-years and transfers.
1. Each new Augsburg 2017 first year and transfer student will receive a $5 Stored Value Cards.
2. Metro Transit will sell College Pass Semester Cards for all new first year and transfer students at $90 for fall semester that expires December 31, 2017
3. New students also have the option to purchase a FULL YEAR card at $150 that would cover fall and spring semesters and expires June 1, 2018
The website on Metro Transit is not yet up – watch for announcements. The deadline to purchase either pass is October 1, 2017.
Any other Augsburg student may purchase an Augsburg-subsidized College Pass from the Bookstore. Regularly $175, the College Semester Pass sells for $125.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are planning on having student employees during the academic year, please be sure to review the information below regarding student positions.
Steps to follow when hiring a student worker:
1) Students returning into a position they held previously (‘returning students’) will only need a Student Employment Hire Form submitted through Hirezon/Interview Exchange.
2) Looking for a student worker to hire? Any new position will need to be posted through Human Resources to the internal student jobs board. Student Requisitions can be submitted though Hirezon/Interview Exchange. Once it’s submitted, we will post the position online. Hiring managers will be able to view applications in real time through the system.
3) When you’ve selected a student to hire, complete the Student Employment Hire Form through Hirezon/Interview Exchange. Students who have never worked on campus before (‘new student employees’) will need to fill out additional new hire paperwork, including a background check, before they are authorized to work.
4) Do not start a student unless they have completed HR paperwork and the background check. New student employees will be sent a background check request and paperwork once the Student Employment Hire Form is submitted. If you have any questions about whether a student is authorized to work, please contact Human Resources.
Instructions for navigating Hirezon/Interview Exchange can be found at this link: http://web.augsburg.edu/hr/Student/Supervisor_Recruiting_Process.pdf.
As in previous years, international students and students who are eligible for federal or state work study will be given hiring priority through October. This is a part of the student’s financial aid package, therefore, we want to ensure each student awarded work study funds is able to work an on-campus position. Beginning November 1, students not awarded work study may be eligible for on-campus employment.
Questions? Email HR at email@example.com or 612-330-1058.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
There has been a change to the 2017 staff holiday schedule. December 22, which was originally scheduled as a staff holiday, is the last day of the fall term. Due to this scheduling conflict, December 22, 2017 has been removed from the schedule and replaced with December 26, 2017.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Nicole Peterlin at email@example.com or x1602.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Einsteins is open from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. with a limited Summer Menu.
Nabo will be closed.
The Commons is open for breakfast from 7:00am-8:15am, 11:30am-1:00pm for lunch, and 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. for dinner
submitted by email@example.com
President Paul C. Pribbenow on August 17 sent a call to action, The Fierce Urgency of Now, to the Augsburg community in response to recent events in the United States and the world.
As the President notes, “Events in our country and around the world during the past several months have reminded us that the spectre of fear and prejudice and bigotry are very much present in our common lives.”
He goes on to add that: “The Augsburg community is a microcosm of “the world house.” It is our rare and compelling call to live as a people united by ecumenical loyalties, called to illustrate for all to see how love for one another, what Dr. King called “the supreme unifying principle” claimed by all great world religions, might be the path forward in a world torn to its very core by the forces of hatred, prejudice and violence.”
Read the full post on the President’s blog at http://www.augsburg.edu/president/2017/08/17/the-fierce-urgency-of-now-president-pribbenow/
The Fierce Urgency of Now: A Call to the Community
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Admissions staff will be off campus all day participating in a full staff retreat on Tuesday, August 22. The office will be open and managed by senior student workers to answer general questions.