submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The copy center changes from summer/break hours to academic year hours effective Monday, August 28. 2017 – Monday-Friday 7:30 AM – 6 PM.
See all central services hours here
submitted by email@example.com
MSP TechHire Scholars is a program funded by the City of Minneapolis which provides opportunities for underrepresented upperclassmen at Augsburg to pursue IT internships at Fairview Health Services and learn more about IT careers available in the healthcare industry.
This month, six Augsburg students will be selected to become MSP TechHire Scholars and receive a $2,310 scholarship as well as a paid fall semester internship ($20/hour) within IT at Fairview. Internships will run September-December and Scholars may choose to complete the internship for 0, 2, or 4 credits (Scholars may work a maximum of 170 hours at their internship placements.) In addition to completing their internship, Scholars will be expected to complete several unpaid professional development workshops on campus during the course of the semester.
As stipulated by the grant requirements, only students who meet the following criteria are eligible to be considered for this opportunity:
– Identify as a student of color, first generation in college (neither parent has a 4 year college degree) and/or Pell grant/MN Dream Act State Grant eligible
– Major or minor in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Business Management
– Rising Senior in good standing at Augsburg (anticipated graduation in Dec 2017 or May 2018)
– Interest in pursuing an IT career within healthcare
Unfortunately, international students are not eligible for this opportunity.
To apply for the MSP TechHire Scholars Program, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 21st. Any questions regarding this opportunity can be directed to Janet Morales (email@example.com or 612-330-1792)
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Einsteins is open from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. with a limited Summer Menu.
Nabo is open from 4:00-8:00 p.m., with Grab and Go sandwiches, salads, fruit, and beverages available.
The Commons is open for breakfast from 7:30am-8:45am, 11:30am-12:45pm for lunch, and 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. for dinner
submitted by email@example.com
There has been a change to the 2017 staff holiday schedule. December 22, which was originally scheduled as a staff holiday, is the last day of the fall term. Due to this scheduling conflict, December 22, 2017 has been removed from the schedule and replaced with December 26, 2017.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Nicole Peterlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or x1602.
submitted by email@example.com
We’re getting so close to September 1 when we officially will be known as “Augsburg University!” With that in mind, now is the time to block time on your calendar to update your department’s Inside Augsburg pages, Engage Blogs, and department social media accounts.
To help with the transition of your department’s social media accounts, MarComm staff has developed some branded profile and cover photos designed for use on Facebook and Twitter, but also appropriate for other social media platforms, too.
We’re asking that official academic and staff departments, and chartered student organizations, select from among these profile and cover photos to launch your official social media accounts as Augsburg University. We hope to kick off the new academic year with a unified show of force around our branded images. Doing so will reinforce to our public audiences — prospective students and their families, alumni, corporate and foundation partners, and lawmakers — that we are a cohesive, unified community.
MarComm staff already converted top-tier, official social media accounts held by Augsburg. This work was done in advance of other departments to understand any kinks in the changes and so that if your department needs assistance, we are more readily available to help you.
Full details on on the Augsburg University Name Change blog.
Updating Department Inside Augsburg Pages, Social Media, and Engage Blogs
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are planning on having student employees during the academic year, please be sure to review the information below regarding student positions.
Steps to follow when hiring a student worker:
1) Students returning into a position they held previously (‘returning students’) will only need a Student Employment Hire Form submitted through Hirezon/Interview Exchange.
2) Looking for a student worker to hire? Any new position will need to be posted through Human Resources to the internal student jobs board. Student Requisitions can be submitted though Hirezon/Interview Exchange. Once it’s submitted, we will post the position online. Hiring managers will be able to view applications in real time through the system.
3) When you’ve selected a student to hire, complete the Student Employment Hire Form through Hirezon/Interview Exchange. Students who have never worked on campus before (‘new student employees’) will need to fill out additional new hire paperwork, including a background check, before they are authorized to work.
4) Do not start a student unless they have completed HR paperwork and the background check. New student employees will be sent a background check request and paperwork once the Student Employment Hire Form is submitted. If you have any questions about whether a student is authorized to work, please contact Human Resources.
Instructions for navigating Hirezon/Interview Exchange can be found at this link: http://web.augsburg.edu/hr/Student/Supervisor_Recruiting_Process.pdf.
As in previous years, international students and students who are eligible for federal or state work study will be given hiring priority through October. This is a part of the student’s financial aid package, therefore, we want to ensure each student awarded work study funds is able to work an on-campus position. Beginning November 1, students not awarded work study may be eligible for on-campus employment.
Questions? Email HR at email@example.com or 612-330-1058.