submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday, October 27, a gunman killed several people and wounded others in an anti-Semitic attack during a Sabbath service at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh. Augsburg Hillel understands that this is a frightening time for Jewish students on campus as our sense of safety feels threatened.
If you need resources or to talk, please reach out to any of the leadership of Augsburg Hillel or to the staff of the Center for Wellness and Counseling. We’re here for you during this tragic time.
submitted by email@example.com
The Minnesota Urban Debate League is a program of Augsburg University. We provide academic competitive debate programming to middle and high school students in the Twin Cities.
We’re looking for debate judges and hospitality volunteers for its upcoming high school debate tournaments.
No debate experience? No problem. We train volunteers at every tournament.
What Hospitality Volunteers Do:
● Greet & guide kids, coaches, and judges as they arrive at tournaments
● Answer questions and assist with wayfinding at tournament sites
● Distribute goody bags to students and thank-you gifts to our judges
What Judges Do:
● Watch rounds and evaluate teams on logic, argumentation, and public speaking.
● Provide written feedback and assign points to each debater.
● Choose the winner of each debate!
Opportunities to Volunteer:
● November 9th & 10th: Tamar Kaplan (Highland Park HS, St. Paul)
● November 17th: UMBrooks (U of M, West Bank)
● December 7th & 8th: UDL Championship (WTMS, St. Paul)
We have open evening shifts on Fridays and open morning or afternoon shifts on Saturdays.
Can’t make it this semester? We’ll need volunteers for our middle School, Spanish, and Somali debate tournaments in spring. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Come for the pizza. Stay to learn from our amazing students!
Visit us in Foss Office 18 | email@example.com
Volunteer With Us
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Stop by the Bookstore on Thursday, November 1. All clearance items will be discounted an additional 50%!