Public Safety and Facilities Announcements
Teaching and Learning
Keeping Track of Auggies
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
In a fitting upgrade for the 50th anniversary of Title IX, the women’s locker room remodel in Si Melby Hall should be completed by the beginning of the academic year. The renovation includes much-needed improvements to the shower and toilet facilities, and each of Augsburg’s 12 women’s teams will have their own year-round team room going forward. The women’s locker room was constructed in 1979 in what was formerly a dirt-floor batting cage known as “the pit.” Prior to that time, the women’s teams used the men’s visiting team locker room. (Learn more and check out throwback images in Lindell Library’s women’s athletic archive: https://www.augsburg.edu/now/2019/04/22/womens-athletics-archive-nears-the-finish-line/)
On the sustainability front, the extensive project to install LED light bulbs and fixtures across campus is also nearing completion. These minor-seeming changes make a big difference. Along with upgrades to our HVAC equipment, improvements in energy efficiency mean that we will consume less electricity than we purchase from our solar partners going forward. We expect to receive annual refunds from Xcel Energy as a result. These anticipated refunds will not only cover the cost of the lighting and HVAC upgrades themselves—they’ll also pay for the new dome and turf on the athletic field.
submitted by email@example.com
The Center for Wellness & Counseling is closed for the summer, but there are a number of mental health resources still available to Augsburg students. CWC wishes everyone a summer of rest and renewal, but we encourage you to reach out for support if and when you need it!
1) 24/7 phone support is available all summer long through ProtoCall (just call CWC at 612-330-1707 and choose Option 1)
2) Free, confidential short-term online counseling is available at Walk In Counseling Center (https://walkin.org/)
3) Sexual assault support is available 24/7 through the Aurora Center at the U of M (612-626-9111) (https://aurora.umn.edu/)
4) Self-help resources are available on the CWC website (coping with depression, coping with anxiety, healing from racial trauma, and more) (https://www.augsburg.edu/cwc/)
5) Student Support Guide (on the CWC and Student Affairs website) has resources to help you connect on and off-campus for academic needs, mental health needs, physical health needs, and basic living needs. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NY8mwo-IWkA-Im5VpNbbNfxWFiOygE2oVZzroIFMKPI/edit)
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Augsburg University STEM Programs Office is hiring a very part-time (8-12 hours per week) administrative assistant to support our work with several National Science Foundation (NSF) grants. This position is a great opportunity to be a valued member of a team supporting STEM students at Augsburg as well as at our partner community colleges. Work hours are flexible.
We are seeking someone with strong organizational skills, comfort with technology, and ability to support scheduling and agendas for multi-institutional collaborative projects. This position is open to both internal and external candidates. Feel free to contact email@example.com if you or your contacts have any questions about the job posting.
STEM Programs Administrative Assistant Position Description
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention Hiring Managers!
Your Human Resources team is pleased to announce live training on the new applicant tracking system, SmartRecruiters!
Learn how to create and manage job postings in the new Smart Recruiters platform! HR will be hosting four live zoom trainings to show hiring managers (for students, staff, and faculty positions) how to create job postings and manage candidates. We’ll cover requisitions, job advertisements, candidate screening tools, interview scheduling and creating offers.
The training will be recorded for those that are unable to attend.
Note: The rollout dates for student employment postings have been shifted to early August.