Political Targeting Survey

submitted by todda@augsburg.edu

Hello, my name is Amanda Todd. I am an undergraduate student in the Communication Studies, Film and New Media Department at Augsburg University. I am doing an Honors research project for my New Media major.

You are invited to participate in a research study about political targeting targeting on Twitter during the 2016 election cycle . This project is unfunded. You were selected as a possible subject because you might have a Twitter account. If you agree to be in this study, I will ask you to click on the link below and complete a quick survey about if you saw certain conspiracy theories or pieces of fake news in 2016 with 14 questions that should take approximately 10 minutes.

Your participation will be anonymous and you will not be contacted again in the future. You will not be paid for being in this study. This survey involves minimal risk to you. The benefits, however, may impact society by helping increase knowledge about future political targeting on social media. You do not have to be in this study if you do not want to be. You do not have to answer any question that you do not want to answer for any reason. We will be happy to answer any questions you have about this study. If you have further questions about this project or if you have a research-related problem you may contact me, Amanda Todd at todda@augsburg.edu or my advisor, Jenny Hanson, at 612-327-0014 or hansonjl@augsburg.edu. The completion of this survey implies your consent to participate. If you choose to participate, please complete the survey by clicking the link.

Political Targeting Survey