Public Safety and Facilities Announcements
Teaching and Learning
Keeping Track of Auggies
submitted by email@example.com
Short-term study abroad & away in Spring or Summer 2023 is a great way to earn credits and get off-campus! All programs fulfill the Augsburg Experience requirement:
PICTURING AMERICA: RACE, GENDER, AND HOLLYWOOD
• Spring Break travel to Los Angeles, CA
• WST 220: Topics: Race, Gender and Hollywood – fulfills a Humanities requirement
FAITH, VOCATION, & SOCIAL CHANGE IN GUATEMALA
• Spring break travel to Guatemala
• Course: RLN 409 (fulfills Search for Meaning II) or RLN 480 – Keystone credit for some majors
GREEN AMSTERDAM: TRAVEL WRITING & URBAN LIVING IN EUROPE’S ECO CAPITAL
• travel in May/June 2023
• 2 courses. ENL + SOC/URB :
•ENL 280: Genres: Travel Writing (4 credits), Humanities LAF
•SOC/URB 111: City Life: Intro to Urban Sociology (4 credits), SBS LAF
•SOC/URB 295: Living Green in Amsterdam (4 credits), elective
INVESTIGATING GREATER MINNESOTA: RESEARCH AND PERFORMANCE
•Summer 2023 Term 1, travel in Greater Minnesota (location TBD)
•Choose 1 course, with optional INS add on:
•SOC 495 – Sociology topics elective
•THR 295 -Topics in Theater – LAF Fine Arts
•INS 292 – 2 credits – optional
SCIENCE AND RELIGION IN GERMANY
• Travel in May/June 2023
•Choose 1 science course and/or the religion course:
•CHM 102 with Lab: fulfills Science with Lab course (does not count toward Chm major or minor)
•SCI 490: Integrated Science Keystone Integrated Science
•RLN 205: Topics in Religion – may fulfill Search for Meaning II or Humanities LAF
MONEY, BANKING, AND INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS IN GERMANY
• Travel in May 2023
•Choose 1 course:
•ECO 315: Money and Banking
•BUS 362: International Business
AUGSBURG in MEXICO
• Spanish language courses: beginner to advanced levels, as well as specialty courses in Medical Spanish and Spanish for Ministry
• 4 study sessions in summer – choose the one (or more!) that works for you!
Got questions? Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
submitted by email@example.com
Invoices, Expense Reports and Payment Authorization Forms
Please submit invoices, expense reports, payment authorization forms, etc. for goods or services received on or before May 31, 2022 by Friday, June 10, 2022. All expenses need to have proper coding and approvals. Please email invoices to accountspayableaugsburg.edu or drop them off at the Business Office, Science Building Suite 148. If you are coming into your office please check for invoices that may have been delivered to your office and forward them to the Business Office.
If you have not received an invoice from a vendor for goods or services received or delivered by May 31, please contact Carole Kampf (firstname.lastname@example.org X1260) by Friday, June 10, 2022.
P-Card Purchase and Reimbursement Expenses
Please submit P-Card statements and receipts for expenses incurred through May 31, 2021 by Friday, June 10, 2022. Email your statement and receipts to email@example.com.
Checks and Cash
If you have checks and cash that need to be deposited for Fiscal year 2022, please bring to the Business Office, Science Building Suite 148 by Tuesday May 31, 2022. Our office is open Tuesday through Fridays 8:00am to 3:00pm.
Thank you for your prompt attention and cooperation!
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
: Get Paid Tuition and Travel
submitted by email@example.com
News of a brand new opportunity was just made – the Obama Voyager Scholarship. A collaboration between Barack and Michelle Obama and Airbnb’s Brian Chesky. Designed for rising juniors who intend a career in public service.
– Students will receive up to $25,000 per year in “last dollar” financial aid for their junior and senior years of college. This financial aid should alleviate the burden of college debt so that students can afford to pursue a career in public service.
– Students will receive a $10,000 stipend and free Airbnb housing to pursue a summer work-travel experience between their junior and senior year of college.
– After graduation, Airbnb will provide the students with a $2,000 travel credit every year for 10 years, totaling $20,000. This will allow students to continue to broaden their horizons and forge new connections throughout their public service careers.
– Students will be invited each fall to an annual summit to help define and inspire their public service journey. At the summit this fall, they will meet with President Obama and Brian Chesky to talk about the role of empathy and understanding in leadership. They’ll also hear from guest speakers on different approaches to service, and build community with other Voyagers.
Plan to enroll full-time in their junior year of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States in Fall 2022.
Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Have demonstrated a commitment to public service
Have demonstrated need
Plan to pursue a career in public service upon graduation
Be a United States (U.S.) citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA)
Applications Due: June 14th, 2022
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with applying.
submitted by email@example.com
Starting May 23. 2022 Central Services will have a $2.00 minimum for all card purchases. This will include both credit card and debit card purchases for the Copy Center and Shipping/Receiving.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like to run errands as a group? Let’s go to the grocery store together! Join us this Friday, May 27th from 3-5pm. We will meet at Lot E in front of Mortenson before we go to Cub Foods!
Bring your own bags!
The purpose of this event is to improve food access amongst the student body by solving the transportation issue that a lot of Augsburg residents have.
Thank you in advance for joining us! ☺️
This is the link to the Google Form to RSVP:
submitted by email@example.com
Hello, my name is Grayson Harris, and I am an incoming Second-Year Student. I am the Chair of the Chartering & Commissioning Committees for the 2022-23 academic year; I want to invite you to apply to one of these Committees (Chartering/Commissioning). These two respected committees are sponsored by the Augsburg Day Student Government.
Do you want to get involved on campus for this upcoming school year? If so, this is an excellent opportunity for you to be involved; by participating in one of these respected Committees as a student, you will learn how to collaborate with other members to get things accomplish; executing plans is key to completing our goals. Once you’re committed to being on the Committee, you are required to attend the weekly meetings when it’s necessary. This involvement is also an excellent way to enhance your resume. I hope you will consider applying for one of these respected Committee(s).
Chartering Committee is responsible for:
– Approve or Disapprove of the New Student Organization that wishes to be recognized by Augsburg University.
– Review all Chartered Day Student Organizations to assess if they have not met all the criteria for recognition by the Senate.
Commissioning Committee is responsible for:
– Assisting in the commissioning process for the Student Organizations.
– Review the Student Organization, recommend any necessary changes to the Augsburg Day Student Organizations, and Approve or Disapprove the application before submitting it to the Senate.
*This is a volunteer positions.
Please feel free to reach out with question or concerns to me (firstname.lastname@example.org).