Public Safety and Facilities Announcements
Teaching and Learning
- Forum Podcast Ep. 93: Achieving Community Engagement and Social Impact Through a Community-Based University Partnership
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
In this episode of The Forum Podcast Dr. Charlyn Hilliman (Capella University) and Dr. Barbara Butts Williams (Capella University) explore how an established direct path is possible between talent, employment, and leadership skills through strategic partnerships.
submitted by email@example.com
Hi! My name is Bella and I am a second year student here at Augsburg studying graphic design. I am currently trying to find personal care assistants to help me in my day to day life here on campus. This would include getting me ready for the day, helping me get set up for class and assisting me around campus. I am currently looking for people who would want to work some hours during this Summer! If you are a pre-med or nursing student, this is a great opportunity to get experience with patient care. Plus, you get to be paid to have fun!
I really enjoy getting coffee, watching Netflix, drawing, and painting. I consider all my assistants as my friends and if you work for me, you are guaranteed a good time! If you are interested, please text me at: 612-345-2855 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope you will join! *looking for females and AFAB people only please*
submitted by email@example.com
The Center for Wellness & Counseling is closed for the summer, but there are a number of mental health resources still available to Augsburg students. CWC wishes everyone a summer of rest and renewal, but we encourage you to reach out for support if and when you need it!
1) 24/7 phone support is available all summer long through ProtoCall (just call CWC at 612-330-1707 and choose Option 1)
2) Free, confidential short-term online counseling is available at Walk In Counseling Center (https://walkin.org/)
3) Sexual assault support is available 24/7 through the Aurora Center at the U of M (612-626-9111) (https://aurora.umn.edu/)
4) Self-help resources are available on the CWC website (coping with depression, coping with anxiety, healing from racial trauma, and more) (https://www.augsburg.edu/cwc/)
5) Student Support Guide (on the CWC and Student Affairs website) has resources to help you connect on and off-campus for academic needs, mental health needs, physical health needs, and basic living needs. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NY8mwo-IWkA-Im5VpNbbNfxWFiOygE2oVZzroIFMKPI/edit)
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
News of a brand new opportunity was just made – the Obama Voyager Scholarship. A collaboration between Barack and Michelle Obama and Airbnb’s Brian Chesky. Designed for rising juniors who intend a career in public service.
– Students will receive up to $25,000 per year in “last dollar” financial aid for their junior and senior years of college. This financial aid should alleviate the burden of college debt so that students can afford to pursue a career in public service.
– Students will receive a $10,000 stipend and free Airbnb housing to pursue a summer work-travel experience between their junior and senior year of college.
– After graduation, Airbnb will provide the students with a $2,000 travel credit every year for 10 years, totaling $20,000. This will allow students to continue to broaden their horizons and forge new connections throughout their public service careers.
– Students will be invited each fall to an annual summit to help define and inspire their public service journey. At the summit this fall, they will meet with President Obama and Brian Chesky to talk about the role of empathy and understanding in leadership. They’ll also hear from guest speakers on different approaches to service, and build community with other Voyagers.
Plan to enroll full-time in their junior year of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States in Fall 2022.
Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Have demonstrated a commitment to public service
Have demonstrated need
Plan to pursue a career in public service upon graduation
Be a United States (U.S.) citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA)
Applications Due: June 14th, 2022
Please email email@example.com if you need help with applying.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Augsburg Staff Senate invites all staff to come to an ice cream social in the quad today from 2:00 – 3:30 pm. Come, make a sundae with your favorite toppings, enjoy time with your friends and colleagues, and have the chance to win from a variety of prizes in the raffle at 2:45 pm, including a Parking Pass for next school year!! Hope to see you there!
submitted by email@example.com
Hello, my name is Grayson Harris, and I am an incoming Second-Year Student. I am the Chair of the Chartering & Commissioning Committees for the 2022-23 academic year; I want to invite you to apply to one of these Committees (Chartering/Commissioning). These two respected committees are sponsored by the Augsburg Day Student Government.
Do you want to get involved on campus for this upcoming school year? If so, this is an excellent opportunity for you to be involved; by participating in one of these respected Committees as a student, you will learn how to collaborate with other members to get things accomplish; executing plans is key to completing our goals. Once you’re committed to being on the Committee, you are required to attend the weekly meetings when it’s necessary. This involvement is also an excellent way to enhance your resume. I hope you will consider applying for one of these respected Committee(s).
Chartering Committee is responsible for:
– Approve or Disapprove of the New Student Organization that wishes to be recognized by Augsburg University.
– Review all Chartered Day Student Organizations to assess if they have not met all the criteria for recognition by the Senate.
Commissioning Committee is responsible for:
– Assisting in the commissioning process for the Student Organizations.
– Review the Student Organization, recommend any necessary changes to the Augsburg Day Student Organizations, and Approve or Disapprove the application before submitting it to the Senate.
*This is a volunteer positions.
Please feel free to reach out with question or concerns to me (firstname.lastname@example.org).