submitted by email@example.com
My name is Rebecca Froehlich and I am the Development & Communications Manager at the Minnesota Urban Debate League. I’m writing to let you know that there are still multiple scholarships available for students who want to attend the Minnesota Debate and Advocacy Workshop (MDAW), our Summer Speech & Debate Camp. These are day camps held in the Twin Cities at Augsburg University. Learn more here: https://mnudl.augsburg.edu/summer-camps/
If students qualify for free and reduced lunch, they can earn a grant of up to $1,000 to attend camp through the Office of Higher Education. We don’t want to leave any of this money on the table! Please encourage your students to apply while registering. Additionally, we have payment plans available for anyone who wants to attend camp but can’t pay the cost up front. We just need a $5 deposit.
Some of our camp options include:
• Policy Debate: For Middle School, and for High School with Quick Start for beginners & advanced, 10-day, and 15-day options
• Public Forum: For High Schoolers, with Quick Start + 10 Day options
• Lincoln Douglas: For High Schoolers, with Quick Start + 10 Day options
• Congressional Debate: For Middle Schoolers and High School students
• Debate & Argumentation: This camp is for any high schooler who might excel in speech & debate, but needs a bit of time to try things out in a low stakes environment before they begin to compete. Great for freshmen and shy students!
• HS Speech Sampler Camp: An opportunity for high school students to get a taste of public address, limited prep, and oral interpretation events in one week! Great for students who haven’t committed to an event yet, or who want to try a new one.
• MS Speech Camp: Now divided into Public Address and Oral Interpretation Sections!
Please register for camp by Monday, June 5th! https://mnudl.augsburg.edu/summer-camps/