submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTENTION ALL WHO LOVE SINGING IN HARMONY:
Choirs at Augsburg are open to students of any major and musical background. We perform classical concert music and folkloric music from all over the globe, collaborating with professional artists from around the world. If you love choral singing, come to our placement auditions!
When are they being held?
• Wednesday, August 30, between 10:00 and 3:00.
• Thursday, August 31, between 10:00 and 3:00.
(If you absolutely cannot come according to this schedule, please e-mail Dr. Kristina Boerger ASAP at email@example.com for an accommodation.)
How long do they take?
Between 20 and 25 minutes:
• 10-15 minutes to complete an intake sheet in the hallway.
• 10 minutes to visit and sing in the classroom with vocal faculty.
Do I need to prepare anything for my audition?
We would love to hear you sing one verse of a song in any style that you feel shows your vocal talents. But if you don’t have a song, don’t let that stop you!
How do I sign up for and complete my audition?
• Any time after 5:00 on Friday, August 25, stop by room M3 in Anderson Music Hall and sign up for your singing time on the sheets posted outside the classroom.
• On your appointment day, arrive 15 minutes ahead of your singing time. Grab an intake sheet, fill it out, and wait to be called in for your hearing.
• When you are invited in to sing, bring your completed intake sheet with you.
How do I get started with choir class?
• Look for an e-mail with your placement result, to be sent out by noon on 9/4.
• On receiving that e-mail, register for the class in which you have been placed.
• Report for your class according to its published schedule, beginning after Labor Day.
WE’RE EXCITED TO HEAR YOU!