submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time temporary position, intended to conclude May 26, 2023.
The Program Coordinator is a key member of our program team. They join our Program Director and Program Manager in the daily management of the Minnesota Urban Debate League and the 40+ partner schools.
– Recruit, train and support teacher-coaches and community coaches; can include making short pitches at faculty or department meetings, networking with teachers, and broad spectrum outreach.
– Provide teacher support and professional development through technical assistance site visits at practices.
– Provide support to a portfolio of schools across our programs: MSHSL Debate (primarily policy debate), Middle School Policy Debate, Spanish Debate (middle and high school), East African Debate (middle and high school), and Financial Literacy Leadership Debates (high school girls and gender non-binary students.)
– Team lead on one community leadership program: Spanish, East African, or Financial Literacy Leadership Debates.
– Assist in the planning, preparation, and directing of MNUDL debate tournaments and workshops (can include tabbing, judge training, and volunteer management); will eventually direct tournaments on their own with support.
– Assist in creating written curriculum and material for teachers and students.
– Motivate all members of our school communities to embrace debate and the school’s debate team; meet with school administration in addition to teachers.
– Work with other team members regarding tournament and program logistics (volunteers, tournament and judge fees, busing, food, etc.
– Assist with data reports through Salesforce database as needed.
– Support summer debate institute through teaching students, providing professional development to junior staff, or assisting with camp logistics.
– Assist with events, outreach, board relationships, development and marketing as needed.
– Provide logistic support as needed (busing, tournament logistics, food)
– Additional duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor.