Public Safety and Facilities Announcements
Teaching and Learning
Keeping Track of Auggies
Augsburg University News and Announcements
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be no A-mail on Friday, December 30 or Monday, January 2 due to Augsburg holidays. Announcements submitted today through Monday will run when A-mail returns on Tuesday, January 3.
submitted by email@example.com
On university-observed holidays, academic and administrative buildings will be locked with fob access turned off, except for essential staff and those who have been pre-approved. On non-holiday days, over break buildings will be accessible by fob during the regular building hours. Faculty and staff who need access to an academic/administrative building on the holiday should contact the Department of Public Safety. Resident students will continue to have access to their buildings as usual.
Augsburg University will observe the New Year holidays on these dates:
● Friday, December 30, 2023 (New Year’s Eve observed)
● Monday, January 2, 2023 (New Year’s Day observed)
For further detail on building hours over break please see Inside Augsburg.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
In preparation for Spring semester your E-learning team is here to help you remember some key “to do’s’” before Spring 2023 courses begin.
1) We recommend that you send a friendly welcome email/announcement to students enrolled in your class about a week before the start of your class. This email could include: course syllabus and schedule; class modality reminder (on-campus, hybrid, online); Zoom link; required books; and information about starting course.
NOTE: Announcement emails do not get sent to students if your course is hidden, so be sure to make your course visible to students before posting in the Announcements forum.
2) Confirm all CLASS support is identified and prepared for (i.e. captioning). CLASS can be contacted at email@example.com. You can find more information in the link below:
3) You have access to resources like Moodle 101, 102, and 201 which will help inform you and revitalize your Moodle skills. You can find these under “My courses” on Moodle.
4) Check out other ways to leverage Moodle through the link below:
For additional help, contact your LFC or IDT (Instructional Design Technologist).
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Taking effect January 22, 2023 First Class mail prices are increasing. This does include the First-Class Mail Forever stamp is going from 60 cents to 63 cents. We do have First-Class, Additional ounce and International Forever stamps in Shipping/Receiving if you want to make sure you have some before the price increase.
January 2023 First-Class Mail Prices
First-Class Mail Current Price New Price
One-ounce letter, domestic $0.60 $0.63
Metered mail 1-ounce $0.57 $0.60
Domestic Postcard stamp $0.44 $0.48
One-ounce letter, international $1.40 $1.45
submitted by email@example.com
The holiday season is a time for gifts and often those gifts are new phones. When moving to a new phone, ensuring your Duo Mobile is working will be important as Duo Mobile is required to access online services like email and Moodle. You could be unable to access these online services until your Duo Mobile is re-setup.
Here’s some tips for a smooth phone transition:
1) Use the iCloud backup and restore feature of your iPhone when moving your phone apps and data to a new iPhone. Tutorial: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201269
This will likely ensure Duo Mobile will still be registered in your new phone. This assumes your phone number is staying the same. Android phones may not transfer automatically.
2) If you run into trouble and still have your old phone, you can enroll your new phone at https://duo.augsburg.edu. Keep in mind you will need to use your old phone to approve your login in order to enroll the new phone. Keep your old phone on WiFi to receive the Duo prompt.
3) Set up Duo Restore in the Duo Mobile app by following the directions at https://guide.duo.com/duo-restore.
You can always contact your LFC https://sites.augsburg.edu/it/get-help/faculty-and-staff-support-lfcs/ (faculty and staff) or the Tech Desk https://sites.augsburg.edu/techdesk/ (students) for help. With limited hours over the holiday break, responses may be delayed.
submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
– Winter break is here, which means that Campus Cupboard has winter break hours! We will be open Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 12- 4 pm in Anderson 26.
-The Food Lab hours during winter break will be every Monday and Wednesday from 1-4 pm in Hagfors 108.
– Need assistance to apply for SNAP? Campus Kitchen can help! Make an appointment here: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/selfsched?sstoken=UU9tLW5ZdWdVM05GfGRlZmF1bHR8ZjA4MTA5MTYwMmFjYmM5ZjVjZTQxNTM3NDZmYjk2YmI&pli=1
– Want more food resources near campus? Check this out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ELLQmHkUi8IsyDsozFRlnaD1cYcWpGyshipENgDJIFs/edit
– Looking for a way to support Auggies this holiday season? Pick out a needed item from Campus Kitchen’s Community Registry. The registry includes items students have requested for the Food Lab on campus as well as nonperishable goods for students living on campus over winter break : https://www.target.com/gift-registry/gift-giver?registryId=690bd2c0-6a94-11ed-9564-53d7a6b163c6&type=CHARITY
– Stay updated by following our Instagram page @ck.augsburg