submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Responsibilities : Under the direction of the Head Coach
– Identify and recruit talented and qualified prospective student-athletes according to program recruiting plan, pursuant to NCAA, MIAC and Augsburg recruiting and admissions standards and regulations.
– Perform all practice coaching responsibilities, analyze film and facilitate team meetings.
– Instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts, safety, and sport-specific skills on both an individual and team basis.
– Teach, advise and mentor student-athletes on life-skills.
– Monitor and support academic progress of student-athletes/teams to exceed athletic department standards; intervenes with appropriate corrective action as needed.
– Maintain acceptable student-athlete retention rates to the team and/or institution.
– Assist with budget management, fundraising, travel planning and program organization as assigned.
– Assist with Alumni/parent communication and involvement, including organizing events as appropriate.
– Assist with organizing and participating in team community-service event(s).
– Assist with camps and clinics.
– Supervise student workers, if applicable.
– All other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor(s).
Terms of Fellowship:
– The fellow must be accepted by an Augsburg graduate program
– The fellow must be enrolled in an Augsburg graduate program for a minimum of two (2) courses per-term (6 credits).
– The duration of the fellowship is two years. If a fellow vacates the fellowship prior to the conclusion of the two year term, or is not able to maintain satisfactory academic standing, all tuition costs/benefits will be assumed by the fellow.
– The Fellow will receive full tuition benefits. Fellows are fully responsible for payment of all non-tuition costs, including student fees, parking fees, finance charges on unpaid balances, books/supplies, etc.
– In addition to full tuition benefits, the fellow will receive a $6,000 annual stipend.
View Job Posting